“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.”
Welcome to the Book of James Chipotle Challenge! Students who complete the course will be rewarded with a FREE burrito or bowl from Chipotle at church on November 7th, 2021! Junior High students will get their meal at 11 am, High School students will get their meal during Alpha in the evening! Here is what you have to do to earn your Chipotle:
Chipotle Challenge Checklist
- Make sure your parents are OK with you taking the course.
- Add yourself to our Google Classroom. This is where course content will be delivered. The join code is divr3y5.
- Read the assigned reading each week.
- Watch any assigned videos (some weeks do not have videos).
- Reply to the discussion question of the week with a response of at least 200 words. This is how we keep track of who gets Chipotle!
A quick note before we begin. Please keep in mind that James was a real person, who lived boldly for his faith and was martyred in Jerusalem. We actually have an amazing historical account of this (outside of the Bible)! In Antiquities of the Jews, Book 20, the Jewish historian Josephus writes “Festus was now dead, and Albinus was but upon the road; so he assembled the sanhedrim of judges, and brought before them the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James, and some others, [or, some of his companions]; and when he had formed an accusation against them as breakers of the law, he delivered them to be stoned [a form of execution]…”
This man lived out everything he is going to ask us to do in this book. Let’s begin!