A classical Christian podcast for kids…
The following podcast includes an audiobook recording plus a discussion (geared towards primary school-aged children) of key Christian themes found in the book. We encourage parents to use this text and discussion to point their children towards the truth, beauty, and goodness of Christ.
Questions to Discuss With Your Children
- Why is Mole so entranced by the river? Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as a river (maybe a lake, river, mountains, or clouds)? Who made these things, and why are they so enchanting?
- Mole grabbed the paddles (sculls) from Rat without permission because of his pride and jealousy. What do these words mean? Have you ever made a mistake because of pride or jealousy?
- How does Rat respond to Mole’s mistake? How should we respond to our friends when they make mistakes?
- Take some time to ask your parents about the verse of the week: “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse” (Romans 1:20).
The following Creative Commons music and sounds effects were used in this production:
- “Sky Pirates” by Dmiano Baldoni
- “Blackbird” by Straget on Freesound.com
- “Early Spring” by Dobroide on Freesound.com
- “Thud bassy bump2” by kyles on Freesound.com
- “Air_mattress_bump” by j1987 on Freesound.com
- “Water Swirl, Small, 21” by InspectorJ on Freesound.com
- “16 rowing in the pond; close” by juanlopz08 on Freesound.com
- “Jumping in a Pool » Splash, Jumping, F.” by InspectorJ on Freesound.com
- “Fire In Woodburning Stove” by Benboncan on Freesound.com